ESPN Dallas – Cowboys News Feed
- Fri, 22 Aug 2014 19:00:06 +0000: Cowboys feel bad for DeVonte Holloman - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
FRISCO, Texas -- The news that linebacker DeVonte Holloman will retire because of neck injuries was met with disappointment from Cowboys officials. "We liked him a lot," Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said Friday before leaving for the third preseason game in Miami. "It's a very big disappointment, more for him. He really was so committed to being a good player. He wanted to do that for the memory of his mother and those kinds of things, I really hate it for him.
- Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:40:14 +0000: Injury updates: Melton, McClain, Claiborne - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
FRISCO, Texas -- Before the Dallas Cowboys' brass left for Miami, they updated the media on a few injured players. Team executive vice president Stephen Jones said defensive tackle Henry Melton (groin) will not play in the third preseason game on Saturday night against the Miami Dolphins. Jones said the goal is to get most, if not all of the injured players ready for the regular-season opener against the San Francisco 49ers. Middle linebacker Rolando McClain, who left Tuesday's practice with cramping and missed the next day with soreness, is expected to play against the Dolphins.
- Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:25:56 +0000: Cowboys break ground on new facility - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
FRISCO, Texas -- The Cowboys made it official on Friday afternoon as owner Jerry Jones, along with family members and city officials from Frisco, broke ground on a new practice facility that is scheduled to open in the fall of 2016. Jones, who was joined by several family members and local government officials that included Frisco mayor Maher Maso, grabbed shovels and dug out some dirt on land covering 20 acres that will hold the Cowboys’ corporate headquarters, practice facilities, indoor football stadium, medical and retail shops.
- Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:00:57 +0000: Three thoughts on the Dallas Cowboys - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas -- Three thoughts on the Dallas Cowboys: 1. If you choose to be positive, there are some scenarios where the Cowboys’ defensive line could be solid instead of a disaster. It all starts with defensive tackles Henry Melton (knee, groin) and Terrell McClain (ankle) and defensive end Anthony Spencer (knee) getting healthy. Spencer and Melton can be good players and McClain can be solid. Add defensive ends George Selvie, Tyrone Crawford and Jeremy Mincey to the mix, along with rookie DeMarcus Lawrence after he returns from his broken foot, and the Cowboys would be pretty happy with that rotation.
- Fri, 22 Aug 2014 18:00:39 +0000: Jerry: Carter will never meet expectations - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
A year ago, Bruce Carter was being compared to Derrick Brooks, the Hall of Famer who set the standard for weakside linebacker in the Tampa 2 scheme. Now, Carter is competing for the right to start for a Dallas Cowboys defense that ranked dead last in the league last season. Matter of fact, owner and general manager Jerry Jones routinely doesn’t mention Carter when discussing the Cowboys’ potential starting linebacker trio. He stresses the optimism about twice-retired newcomer Rolando McClain, Justin Durant and Kyle Wilber.
Dallas Morning News – Cowboys News Feed
- Fri, 22 Aug 2014 21:38:37 +0000: Stephen Jones on Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo: ‘I know he only gets better with age’ - Dallas Cowboys Blog
Tony Romo throws a pass during the afternoon practice at Dallas Cowboys training camp in Oxnard, CA, on July 27, 2014. (Michael Ainsworth/The Dallas Morning News)
- Fri, 22 Aug 2014 21:20:49 +0000: Stephen Jones: Dallas Cowboys DE Anthony Spencer ‘ahead of schedule’ in rehab; PUP decision TBD - Dallas Cowboys Blog
Dallas Cowboys Anthony Spencer exits the field after a preseason game at AT&T Stadium in Arlington on Saturday, August 16, 2014. The Baltimore Ravens defeated the Dallas Cowboys 37-30. (Vernon Bryant/The Dallas Morning News)
- Fri, 22 Aug 2014 20:51:44 +0000: Jerry Jones: Dallas Cowboys in the market to add a linebacker - Dallas Cowboys Blog
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones talks during NFL football training camp on Wednesday, July 23, 2014, in Oxnard, Calif. (AP Photo/Gus Ruelas)
- Fri, 22 Aug 2014 20:34:18 +0000: Do the Cowboys plan to return to Oxnard for training camp once the new Frisco complex is completed? - Dallas Cowboys Blog
- Fri, 22 Aug 2014 19:58:22 +0000: Rolando McClain: I’m excited to be with the Cowboys, but getting back into shape has been a ‘very steep hill’ - Dallas Cowboys Blog
Dallas Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain (55) pictured during their walk thru practice in Oxnard, CA, on Aug 14, 2014. (Michael Ainsworth/The Dallas Morning News)
Fort Worth Star Telegram – Cowboys News Feed
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 21:30:18 +0000: Can the Cowboys be good enough on defense sans Ware, Hatcher and Lee to make playoff run? They say YES - Cowboys Corner
Now that the minicamp is over and training is a month away, the big elephant in the room regarding the Dallas Cowboys' hopes for 2014 remain the same as in 2013. What can they do to improve a defense that...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 21:12:41 +0000: Cowboys finish off-season with minds already on training camp - Cowboys Corner
The Cowboys celebrated the end of their off-season program with a short practice and a family day at AT&T Stadium. School’s out for summer! The Cowboys go on vacation the next 4 ½ weeks, arriving to Oxnard, Calif., on July...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 20:54:26 +0000: Cowboys retirement standoff with QB Kyle Orton moving to training camp - Cowboys Corner
Now that mini camp is over, the retirement standoff between the Dallas Cowboys and backup quarterback Kyle Orton has now been moved to training camp in Oxnard, Ca. Orton has been fined roughly $70,000 for missing minicamp. And he will...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:05:00 +0000: Cole Beasley says he can play on the outside -- just give him a chance (which Cowboys are) - Cowboys Corner
Cole Beasley knows he is at his best in the slot, but the smallest receiver on the Cowboys’ roster says he can play on the outside if he’s given a chance to learn the position. “I played outside maybe 10...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 01:16:38 +0000: Cowboys seeing something in Claiborne this spring -- confident, competing player - Cowboys Corner
The Cowboys have seen something different about Morris Claiborne this spring – he is confident and competing. “Competing his butt off,” defensive backs coach Jerome Henderson said with a smile, a satisfied sigh and a small shake of his head....
NFL.com – Breaking NFL News
- Sat, 23 Aug 2014 03:35:00 +0000: Rex Ryan confirms Geno Smith will start Week 1 - NFL.com
Rex Ryan announced Friday what was apparent all along -- Geno Smith will be the New York Jets' starting quarterback in Week 1. Michael Vick never really had a chance.
- Sat, 23 Aug 2014 03:09:00 +0000: Cam Newton injures back vs. Patriots; X-rays negative - NFL.com
It was a tough night for Panthers quarterback Cam Newton in a loss to the Patriots on Friday. The third-year pro couldn't find the end zone in five drives and left the game with a back injury.
- Sat, 23 Aug 2014 02:52:00 +0000: Chad Henne named Week 1 starter for Jaguars - NFL.com
Coach Gus Bradley confirmed once again that Chad Henne will start under center Week 1 against the Philadelphia Eagles, but another fine night by Blake Bortles is toying with expectations.
- Sat, 23 Aug 2014 02:33:00 +0000: Eli Manning, Giants' offense show signs of life vs. Jets - NFL.com
Eli Manning and the New York Giants finally put some points on the board Friday night. The team ran an effective two-minute drill after five fruitless drives to start the Snoopy Bowl.
- Fri, 22 Aug 2014 21:04:00 +0000: Jim Harbaugh: Blaine Gabbert is 49ers' backup QB - NFL.com
Blaine Gabbert has been disappointing, but Jim Harbaugh insists he won't look outside the organization for a backup QB. Will Gabbert force the 49ers coach's hand?
Fox Sports – NFL News
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:52:20 +0000: Former Jet Moore opts to retire - FOXSports.com News for NFL
After sleeping on it, Brandon Moore has decided to retire rather than join the Dallas Cowboys.
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 04:50:20 +0000: Mike Johnson suffers broken leg - FOXSports.com News for NFL
Mike Johnson, who was leading the Falcons' competition to win the starting job at right tackle, suffered a dislocated left ankle and fibula fracture on Tuesday and was carted off the practice field and driven away in an ambulance.
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 02:00:49 +0000: Alexander tears ACL, out for year - FOXSports.com News for NFL
The San Diego Chargers announced Tuesday that wide receiver Danario Alexander will miss the entire season with a torn ACL.
- Tue, 06 Aug 2013 23:47:32 +0000: Eagles' Benn tears ACL, out for year - FOXSports.com News for NFL
The Philadelphia Eagles' wide receiver corps took another hit Tuesday, when the team announced Arrelious Benn will miss the season with a torn ACL.
- Tue, 06 Aug 2013 23:18:20 +0000: Jared Allen exits with ankle injury - FOXSports.com News for NFL
Vikings defensive end Jared Allen left practice more than halfway through Tuesday afternoon with a left ankle injury that will be evaluated further, according to Vikings coach Leslie Frazier.
Pro Football Talk – NFL News
- Sat, 23 Aug 2014 04:52:15 +0000: Jaguars stick to their guns, name Chad Henne starter for Week 1 - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
The Jacksonville Jaguars swore that Chad Henne would be their starting quarterback this season even after drafting Blake Bortles with the No.3 overall pick in the draft. They gave no indication they were willing to deviate from that plan despite Bortles’ strong play during the preseason. After Friday night’s 13-12 loss to the Detroit Lions,…
- Sat, 23 Aug 2014 03:09:08 +0000: Seahawks offense rolling again in building 21-0 lead over Bears - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
The Seattle Seahawks first-team offense scored on each of their first four possession in building a 24-0 lead last week against the San Diego Chargers. The offense hasn’t slowed down at all this week against the Chicago Bears either. Seattle scored touchdowns on each of their first two possessions in the first quarter of Friday…
- Sat, 23 Aug 2014 02:38:13 +0000: Bucs’ position on Evans “unchanged” in light of TMZ video - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
In the wake of a video that surfaced Friday on TMZ involving Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans, the team that made him the seventh overall pick in the draft has reiterated its faith in and commitment to Evans. “During his time here since we drafted him in May, Mike has met all of our expectations both…
- Sat, 23 Aug 2014 02:12:54 +0000: Blake Bortles is making it very difficult for Jaguars to sit him - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
The Jaguars have said, affirmed, insisted that Blake Bortles was going to sit and watch Chad Henne play this year. Bortles keeps making it more and more difficult to justify that decision. The No. 3 overall pick continued to put up solid numbers in the preseason, and looking more and more like the guy the…
- Sat, 23 Aug 2014 01:50:28 +0000: Sio Moore gives thumbs-up as he’s stretchered off field - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
The most frightening-looking injury of the night happened in Green Bay, with Raiders linebacker Sio Moore taken off the field on a stretcher. According to Scott Bair of CSNBayArea.com, Moore gave a thumbs-up as he left the field after a scary few moments. Moore won’t return to the game, but there has been no further…
CNNSI – NFL News
- Tue, 24 Jun 2014 01:27:16 +0000: Sherman 'bombarded' after address published - SI.com - NFL
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:17:34 +0000: Pats' Gronkowski (knee) on track for opener - SI.com - NFL
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 17:01:36 +0000: Cover-Two: Steven Jackson among players with something to prove in NFC South - SI.com - NFL
Steven Jackson is just one of the NFC South players with something to prove.
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 05:12:26 +0000: Marc Trestman: Guest MMQB - SI.com - NFL
Ex-CFL coach Marc Trestman kicks off Canada Week, our examination of North America's other league.
- Sun, 22 Jun 2014 02:53:12 +0000: Jets owner Johnson wants more playoff games - SI.com - NFL