ESPN Dallas – Cowboys News Feed
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:50:45 +0000: Scandrick: 'You can't chase the dollar forever' - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick has only one regret about his contract extension. “It would have been a lot better if they had broke the news after the Giants game,” Scandrick said, half-kidding. The deal was done by then, when Scandrick had probably the best performance of his six-year NFL career, forcing a fumble on the one ball that New York receiver Victor Cruz caught on him. But the news of his team-friendly extension didn’t trickle out until last week, when he was coming off a rough outing in a lopsided loss to the Chicago Bears.
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:15:10 +0000: Murray wants chance to close out games - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas – DeMarco Murray has made a point not to complain about his lack of carries late in Sunday’s game. That meant avoiding the media after the give-away loss to the Green Bay Packers, when he was “heated,” the term a couple of teammates used to describe Murray’s postgame disposition. And Murray was as politically correct as possible while talking to reporters Wednesday. However, Murray was clear that he believes the running game has earned the right to close out games when the Cowboys have a late lead.
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:10:18 +0000: Cowboys LBs a mixed, matched unit - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas -- At the beginning of the season the Dallas Cowboys' defensive line was hit by injuries and they have been forced to add new players all season. On Sunday Frank Kearse could be the 19th different defensive lineman to play in a game for the Cowboys. Now the Cowboys' linebacker corps is as thin as a piece of paper as they prepare for Sunday's game against the Washington Redskins. “You always have guys who are at certain points with their health over the course of the week and you've got to make your judgments,” coach Jason Garrett said.
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:18:52 +0000: Bruce Carter says he's ready for Sunday - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas – Dallas Cowboys linebacker Bruce Carter declared himself ready to play Sunday against the Washington Redskins after taking part in a limited portion of Wednesday’s practice. “I’ll be fine,” said Carter, who did not play last week against the Green Bay Packers because of a hamstring issue. “Really got to run a lot, explode a little bit, come out of some cuts and whatnot, so everything felt good.” The Cowboys need Carter more than ever before.
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 17:20:57 +0000: Cowboys prepare for missing Dwayne Harris - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas -- With wide receivers/kick returners Dwayne Harris and Terrance Williams nursing hamstring injuries the Cowboys signed Micheal Spurlock to the 53-man roster. Spurlock has now been with seven NFL teams and participated in nine games with the Detroit Lions this season. He's averaged 24.5 yards per kick return and nine yards per punt return in his career. Williams had replaced Harris on kick returns but when he suffered a hamstring injury against Green Bay, it forced the Cowboys to make a roster move, made official on Wednesday.
Dallas Morning News – Cowboys News Feed
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:16:06 +0000: Dallas Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray would like opportunity to close out games - Dallas Cowboys Blog
DeMarco Murray was visibly upset late in Sunday’s loss to Green Bay when quarterback Tony Romo audibled out of a play designed to hand the ball to Murray and wound up throwing an interception. The Dallas Cowboys running back stated … Continue reading →
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:58:16 +0000: Jason Garrett: Dallas Cowboys are fortunate to have Tony Romo; ‘I have great faith in Tony’ - Dallas Cowboys Blog
IRVING – Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett says he hasn’t lost faith in Tony Romo. Romo’s two interceptions in the final minutes during Sunday’s 37-36 loss to the Green Bay Packers just showed that Romo isn’t perfect, according to … Continue reading →
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:51:05 +0000: Mock draft: Dallas Cowboys projected to land Notre Dame DL Stephon Tuitt - Dallas Cowboys Blog
Stephon Tuitt #7 of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish runs off the field after being ejected after a helmet to helmet hit against the Pittsburgh Panthers during the game on November 9, 2013 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Photo … Continue reading →
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 18:49:05 +0000: London Fletcher 99 percent sure he will retire; wants to thank Washington fans by defeating the Dallas Cowboys - Dallas Cowboys Blog
IRVING – Washington Redskins veteran linebacker London Fletcher announced Wednesday that he’s “99 percent” sure he will retire at the end of the season. With the Redskins hosting the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, Fletcher said playing his last home game … Continue reading →
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 17:52:59 +0000: Dallas Cowboys practice report Wednesday: Starting DEs DeMarcus Ware, George Selvie out; LB Bruce Carter returns - Dallas Cowboys Blog
IRVING — Dallas Cowboys starting defensive ends DeMarcus Ware and George Selvie were among seven players not practicing Wednesday at Valley Ranch. Selvie said he hyperextended his back during Sunday’s game against Green Bay. Ware has battled a strained right … Continue reading →
Fort Worth Star Telegram – Cowboys News Feed
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 23:45:00 +0000: Carr says he spends 'countless nights' figuring out ways to improve himself, Cowboys defense - Cowboys Corner
Brandon Carr said he spends “countless nights” trying to figure out a way to get himself and the defense playing better, and he has figured out one thing – he needs to get back to being his aggressive self. “Just...
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:30:00 +0000: DeMarco Murray says he wasn't mad at anybody, but he and OL would have liked chance to close out game - Cowboys Corner
Yes, DeMarco Murray was mad after the loss to Green Bay on Sunday, but he wasn’t mad at anyone. He was mad at the situation: not getting the chance to close the game out. “You know, I mean, I think...
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:35:30 +0000: Cowboys' takeaways have disappeared as they have only one in the past two games - Cowboys Corner
The Cowboys have 26 takeaways and are tied for third in turnover ratio at plus-11. But they have only five over the past five games and are only plus-one in that span when they have gone 2-3. "That goes back...
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:35:06 +0000: Bruce Carter says he will play against Washington, make sure everybody is lined up, calmed down - Cowboys Corner
Bruce Carter will be in the lineup Sunday and call the plays out of the weakside linebacker spot, hoping to return some stability to a unit that played the second half last week without its top four players. “My job...
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:42:45 +0000: Injury report: DeMarcus Ware sits out - Cowboys Corner
For the second consecutive season, defensive end DeMarcus Ware has had a number of injuries. Last year, it was elbow and shoulder injuries. This year he has fought through neck, quadriceps and now back injuries. Ware missed practice Wednesday with...
NFL.com – Breaking NFL News
- Thu, 19 Dec 2013 01:43:00 +0000: Wade Phillips: Offensive players are flopping - NFL.com
Wade Phillips might be the interim head coach of the Houston Texans, but he never stops thinking like a defensive coach. And he's tired of some of the pass interference penalties being called this year.
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 23:46:00 +0000: Brandon Browner suspended indefinitely by NFL - NFL.com
Seattle Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner has been suspended indefinitely for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Don't look for a stout defense to miss Browner too much.
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:34:00 +0000: Jed York: Jim Harbaugh hasn't asked for more power - NFL.com
Jed York doesn't believe there is tension between Jim Harbaugh and Trent Baalke, even if they "butt heads" about personnel. The San Francisco 49ers CEO said his coach hasn't asked for more power.
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:17:00 +0000: Joe Flacco (knee) likely to play for Baltimore Ravens - NFL.com
Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco took a hit to the knee in the team's thrilling victory over the Detroit Lions on Monday night. Coach John Harbaugh says Flacco is expected to play this week.
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:06:00 +0000: Santonio Holmes would take pay cut to stay with Jets - NFL.com
Santonio Holmes suggested Wednesday that he is willing to accept a pay cut to return to the New York Jets next season. Is there any chance the interest will be mutual?
Fox Sports – NFL News
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:52:20 +0000: Former Jet Moore opts to retire - FOXSports.com News for NFL
After sleeping on it, Brandon Moore has decided to retire rather than join the Dallas Cowboys.
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 04:50:20 +0000: Mike Johnson suffers broken leg - FOXSports.com News for NFL
Mike Johnson, who was leading the Falcons' competition to win the starting job at right tackle, suffered a dislocated left ankle and fibula fracture on Tuesday and was carted off the practice field and driven away in an ambulance.
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 02:00:49 +0000: Alexander tears ACL, out for year - FOXSports.com News for NFL
The San Diego Chargers announced Tuesday that wide receiver Danario Alexander will miss the entire season with a torn ACL.
- Tue, 06 Aug 2013 23:47:32 +0000: Eagles' Benn tears ACL, out for year - FOXSports.com News for NFL
The Philadelphia Eagles' wide receiver corps took another hit Tuesday, when the team announced Arrelious Benn will miss the season with a torn ACL.
- Tue, 06 Aug 2013 23:18:20 +0000: Jared Allen exits with ankle injury - FOXSports.com News for NFL
Vikings defensive end Jared Allen left practice more than halfway through Tuesday afternoon with a left ankle injury that will be evaluated further, according to Vikings coach Leslie Frazier.
Pro Football Talk – NFL News
- Thu, 19 Dec 2013 02:32:48 +0000: Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald sit out Wednesday - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
The Cardinals began on-field work for their important Week 16 game at Seattle without starting quarterback Carson Palmer (ankle) and top wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald (concussion) on the practice field. Palmer and Fitzgerald were among four Cardinals starters to sit out on Wednesday, with tight end Rob Housler (groin) and free safety Rashad Johnson (ankle)…
- Thu, 19 Dec 2013 01:39:25 +0000: New England Boat Show has an eyebrow-raising appearance scheduled - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
Who says there’s nothing to do after football season ends? Twenty days after Super Bowl XLVIII, the New England Boat Show opens. Running from February 22 through March 2, the event features, well, boats. And appearances by athletes. As a loyal PFT reader has pointed out, the GMC booth promises to produce a quartet of…
- Thu, 19 Dec 2013 01:14:45 +0000: Browner, agent vow to file suit against the NFL - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
The NFL has issued its decision regarding cornerback Brandon Browner’s suspension. But Browner may still have the last word. In a statement posted on Twitter, Browner thanked the Seahawks, accepted responsibility for his actions, and vowed to continue to fight his suspension. “I want to thank the Seahawks organization for the incredible opportunity they gave…
- Thu, 19 Dec 2013 01:00:14 +0000: Ray Rice, Joe Flacco sit out practice on Wednesday - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco, who suffered a knee injury in Monday night’s win at Detroit, did not practice on Wednesday, according to the team’s official injury report. Flacco appeared to suffer the injury when hit low by Lions linebacker DeAndre Levy in the fourth quarter. The Ravens have said Flacco will be limited in practice…
- Thu, 19 Dec 2013 00:24:40 +0000: Brandon Browner suspended indefinitely - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
The Seahawks’ outstanding secondary has lost one of its more accomplished performers. Cornerback Brandon Browner, who has started 36 regular-season games in the last three seasons for NFC West-leading Seattle, has been suspended for an indefinite period for violating the NFL’s substance-abuse policy. The league announced the suspension on Wednesday. The Seahawks confirmed Browner’s ban,…
CNNSI – NFL News
- Thu, 19 Dec 2013 00:00:50 +0000: League suspends Seattle's Browner indefinitely - SI.com - NFL
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 23:19:50 +0000: Seahawks' punter Ryan: We aren't defenseless - SI.com - NFL
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 22:12:24 +0000: Will He Or Won't He? - SI.com - NFL
At 7-6-1, the Packers have new life in the NFC North. How will that influence their handling of an injured Aaron Rodgers?
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:22:24 +0000: Steeler fined $25K for illegal hit on Cincy punter - SI.com - NFL
- Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:33:40 +0000: Super Bowl could shift date due to bad weather - SI.com - NFL