ESPN Dallas – Cowboys News Feed
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 21:45:31 +0000: Henry Melton ready to face San Francisco - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
Henry Melton, the Dallas Cowboys' key offseason defensive acquisition, said he’s ready for the season opener against San Francisco after not playing in the preseason. Melton said his knee and his groin, which he tweaked during training camp, are fine and he expects to start Sunday against the 49ers. Melton said he’s not sure how much he will play against San Francisco but won’t be opposed to the coaching staff putting him on a play limit.
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 21:00:08 +0000: Edwards likes Dallas' defensive scheme - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
Defensive end Lavar Edwards, a fifth-round pick of the Tennessee Titans last season, is happy to be with the Dallas Cowboys because he believes he’ll fit better in the Cowboys’ 4-3 scheme than the Titans' 3-4 defense. The 6-foot-4, 277-pound Edwards had nine tackles in seven games as a rookie. The Cowboys acquired him on Saturday for a conditional 2015 seventh-round pick. “I think I’m a little better fit in the 4-3,” Edwards said.
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 20:45:13 +0000: Ryan Williams confident his time is coming - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas -- Running back Ryan Williams isn't pouting about passing through waivers and ending up back at Valley Ranch as a member of the Dallas Cowboys' practice squad. It's not the path Williams anticipated taking after being selected in the second round of the 2011 draft, but nothing has been easy for Williams in his NFL career. He played only five games in three seasons with the Arizona Cardinals -- which is why he's still eligible for the practice squad -- due to serious knee and shoulder injuries.
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 20:30:15 +0000: Cowboys waive DB Thomas, sign LB Toomer - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys waived defensive back Jamea Thomas to make room on the roster for linebacker Korey Toomer. Thomas was a sixth-round draft pick by the New England Patriots who was claimed by the Cowboys before the final preseason game. He was the fifth safety on the roster. The addition of Toomer, a 2012 fifth-round pick by the Seattle Seahawks who has yet to play in an NFL regular-season game, gives the Cowboys seven linebackers on the roster.
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 20:05:11 +0000: McClain: 'I still love game like a kid' - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas -- There are parts of his job that twice-retired middle linebacker Rolando McClain readily admits he does not enjoy. For example, he could definitely do without dealing with the media, as McClain said as politely as possible as a swarm of reporters surrounded him Monday, six days before his debut with the Dallas Cowboys. McClain at least sees the value in training camp, especially after a 20-month layoff from football. That doesn’t mean he liked it, especially as his body got used to the grind again after his long break from the game.
Dallas Morning News – Cowboys News Feed
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 20:26:47 +0000: Dallas Cowboys officially sign LB Korey Toomer, cut DB Jemea Thomas - Dallas Cowboys Blog
IRVING — The Dallas Cowboys released defensive back Jemea Thomas on Monday to make room for the official signing of linebacker Korey Toomer. Toomer cleared waivers and was signed to the Cowboys’ 53-man roster after he cleared waivers over the … Continue reading →
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 19:59:00 +0000: Bruce Carter says he’ll be starting at strongside LB, Rolando McClain in the middle - Dallas Cowboys Blog
IRVING — One of the biggest questions at Valley Ranch entering Sunday’s season opener is who will be starting at the three linebacker spots. Bruce Carter helped clear some of it up Monday, saying he’ll be one of the three. … Continue reading →
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 19:50:23 +0000: Dallas Cowboys LB Rolando McClain says his right knee is fine; and he’s excited to play football again - Dallas Cowboys Blog
IRVING — Dallas Cowboys middle linebacker Rolando McClain did more watching early in practice Monday at Valley Ranch than participating. But he says his right knee is just fine. McClain didn’t go through all the individual drills early in practice … Continue reading →
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 19:37:10 +0000: Cowboys coach Jason Garrett “anticipates a full week of practice” for QB Tony Romo - Dallas Cowboys Blog
Tony Romo hasn’t practiced more than two consecutive days since training camp began. That’s about to change. Romo practiced Monday. The players are off Tuesday. But head coach Jason Garrett said he anticipates the quarterback will practice Wednesday, Thursday and … Continue reading →
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 19:29:52 +0000: Dallas Cowboys DT Henry Melton ‘excited and ready to go’ as he prepares for first game since last September - Dallas Cowboys Blog
IRVING — When the Cowboys face San Francisco in the season opener Sunday, Henry Melton is expected to play for the first time in 350 days. “I am excited,” the Cowboys defensive tackle said. “It’s going to be my first … Continue reading →
Fort Worth Star Telegram – Cowboys News Feed
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 21:30:18 +0000: Can the Cowboys be good enough on defense sans Ware, Hatcher and Lee to make playoff run? They say YES - Cowboys Corner
Now that the minicamp is over and training is a month away, the big elephant in the room regarding the Dallas Cowboys' hopes for 2014 remain the same as in 2013. What can they do to improve a defense that...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 21:12:41 +0000: Cowboys finish off-season with minds already on training camp - Cowboys Corner
The Cowboys celebrated the end of their off-season program with a short practice and a family day at AT&T Stadium. School’s out for summer! The Cowboys go on vacation the next 4 ½ weeks, arriving to Oxnard, Calif., on July...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 20:54:26 +0000: Cowboys retirement standoff with QB Kyle Orton moving to training camp - Cowboys Corner
Now that mini camp is over, the retirement standoff between the Dallas Cowboys and backup quarterback Kyle Orton has now been moved to training camp in Oxnard, Ca. Orton has been fined roughly $70,000 for missing minicamp. And he will...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:05:00 +0000: Cole Beasley says he can play on the outside -- just give him a chance (which Cowboys are) - Cowboys Corner
Cole Beasley knows he is at his best in the slot, but the smallest receiver on the Cowboys’ roster says he can play on the outside if he’s given a chance to learn the position. “I played outside maybe 10...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 01:16:38 +0000: Cowboys seeing something in Claiborne this spring -- confident, competing player - Cowboys Corner
The Cowboys have seen something different about Morris Claiborne this spring – he is confident and competing. “Competing his butt off,” defensive backs coach Jerome Henderson said with a smile, a satisfied sigh and a small shake of his head....
NFL.com – Breaking NFL News
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 22:29:00 +0000: Derek Carr starting over Matt Schaub for Raiders - NFL.com
The Oakland Raiders will start Derek Carr over Matt Schaub Week 1 for Sunday's matchup against the New York Jets. Did coach Dennis Allen make the right call for his team?
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 21:54:00 +0000: Jon Beason returns to New York Giants practice - NFL.com
Giants linebacker Jon Beason practiced Monday for the first time since injuring his foot in June. Will the defensive leader be available for Monday's game against the Lions?
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 20:52:00 +0000: CFL's Alouettes wait to hear back from Michael Sam - NFL.com
Since Michael Sam cleared waivers and has yet to find an NFL home, could the rookie jump to Canada? Ian Rapoport reports the Montreal Alouettes, who own Sam's CFL rights, have reached out to his camp.
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 20:32:00 +0000: Case Keenum claimed off waivers by St. Louis Rams - NFL.com
The Rams picked up Case Keenum off waivers Monday. Will the former Texans quarterback compete for the starting job in St. Louis?
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 19:35:00 +0000: Steelers to wear helmet decals honoring Chuck Noll - NFL.com
The Pittsburgh Steelers will pay homage to Hall of Fame coach Chuck Noll every time they step on the football field this season.
Fox Sports – NFL News
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:52:20 +0000: Former Jet Moore opts to retire - FOXSports.com News for NFL
After sleeping on it, Brandon Moore has decided to retire rather than join the Dallas Cowboys.
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 04:50:20 +0000: Mike Johnson suffers broken leg - FOXSports.com News for NFL
Mike Johnson, who was leading the Falcons' competition to win the starting job at right tackle, suffered a dislocated left ankle and fibula fracture on Tuesday and was carted off the practice field and driven away in an ambulance.
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 02:00:49 +0000: Alexander tears ACL, out for year - FOXSports.com News for NFL
The San Diego Chargers announced Tuesday that wide receiver Danario Alexander will miss the entire season with a torn ACL.
- Tue, 06 Aug 2013 23:47:32 +0000: Eagles' Benn tears ACL, out for year - FOXSports.com News for NFL
The Philadelphia Eagles' wide receiver corps took another hit Tuesday, when the team announced Arrelious Benn will miss the season with a torn ACL.
- Tue, 06 Aug 2013 23:18:20 +0000: Jared Allen exits with ankle injury - FOXSports.com News for NFL
Vikings defensive end Jared Allen left practice more than halfway through Tuesday afternoon with a left ankle injury that will be evaluated further, according to Vikings coach Leslie Frazier.
Pro Football Talk – NFL News
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 23:07:52 +0000: Patriots awarded safety Don Jones on waivers from Miami - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
Six days before meeting the Dolphins in the regular season opener, the Patriots have added an ex-Miami defensive back. The Pats were awarded second-year safety Don Jones on waivers from the Dolphins on Monday, the club said. The 24-year-old Jones notched a team-best 11 special teams tackles in 2013 for Miami, according to club statistics.…
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 22:46:37 +0000: Tedford’s status for Week One not determined yet - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
Buccaneers offensive coordinator Jeff Tedford recently underwent an undisclosed medical procedure. His return date is similarly unknown. Via JoeBucsFan.com, Tedford wasn’t at practice on Monday. Head coach Lovie Smith said a decision regarding Tedford’s status for the regular-season opener has not yet been made. “He’s getting better,” Smith said, via Pat Yasinskas of ESPN.com. “He…
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 22:21:06 +0000: Report: Raiders tab Derek Carr as starting quarterback - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
The Raiders are going with a rookie at quarterback to begin the regular season. Fox’s Jay Glazer reports the Raiders have switched starters in advance of Sunday’s opener at the Jets, with Derek Carr getting the nod over Matt Schaub. According to Glazer, players have been informed of the decision. The call to go with…
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 21:37:43 +0000: Gronkowski’s announcement a little confusing - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
Yes, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has declared that he has gotten the green light to play on Sunday from his doctors, after a torn ACL derailed his 2013 season. The bigger question could be whether he got the green light from his head coach to disclose that he got the green light from his…
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 20:50:44 +0000: Rams claim Case Keenum off waivers from Texans - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
The Rams have another quarterback, just in case. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Rams claimed Case Keenum off waivers from the Texans. Keenum was squeezed out in Houston when the Texans traded for Ryan Mallett, and he’ll slot in with the Rams behind Shaun Hill. Austin Davis was the only other quarterback on…
CNNSI – NFL News
- Tue, 24 Jun 2014 01:27:16 +0000: Sherman 'bombarded' after address published - SI.com - NFL
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:17:34 +0000: Pats' Gronkowski (knee) on track for opener - SI.com - NFL
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 17:01:36 +0000: Cover-Two: Steven Jackson among players with something to prove in NFC South - SI.com - NFL
Steven Jackson is just one of the NFC South players with something to prove.
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 05:12:26 +0000: Marc Trestman: Guest MMQB - SI.com - NFL
Ex-CFL coach Marc Trestman kicks off Canada Week, our examination of North America's other league.
- Sun, 22 Jun 2014 02:53:12 +0000: Jets owner Johnson wants more playoff games - SI.com - NFL