ESPN Dallas – Cowboys News Feed
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 18:40:01 +0000: Anthony Spencer makes it through full week of practice - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas -- For the first time this season, Dallas Cowboys defensive end Anthony Spencer went through every day of practice leading into a game. Spencer had been sitting out the “Friday” practices that are typically red-zone and short-yardage days to give his surgically repaired knee a day of rest. Spencer missed all but one game last season and all of training camp this summer as he recovered from microfracture surgery. He is still looking for his first sack after four games but has been credited with eight tackles and four quarterback pressures.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 16:00:40 +0000: Cowboys: Orlando Scandrick's instincts set him apart - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas -- Orlando Scandrick was disappointed when New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz was lost for the season because of a knee injury and could not play last week against the Dallas Cowboys. Scandrick wants to compete against the best. On ESPN’s “Monday Night Football” this week, Scandrick will get the chance to compete against a longtime NFC East foe, DeSean Jackson, who is in his first season with the Washington Redskins.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 14:00:45 +0000: Dallas Cowboys' Twitter mailbag, Part 2 - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 12:00:34 +0000: DeMarco Murray's 3-4 success in focus - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas -- Monday's game against the Washington Redskins will be the fifth time the Dallas Cowboys have seen a 3-4 defense. While DeMarco Murray has run well regardless of the defensive front he has seen this season, he has had incredible success against 3-4 schemes. Against the San Francisco 49ers, Tennessee Titans, New Orleans Saints and Houston Texans, Murray has 106 carries for 570 yards. "There are some similarities but the players are different, the scheme is always different," Murray said.
- Fri, 24 Oct 2014 21:10:23 +0000: Offseason workout partner helped Cowboys' DeMarco Murray - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas – Dallas Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray deflects questions about the amount of work he has received this season like defenders. He doesn’t much care that he is 31 carries away from the most he has had in a season and that Monday’s game against the Washington Redskins is just the eighth game of the season. He says his body feels good. Part of it has to do with what he did in the offseason. Starting in March, before the official beginning of the Cowboys’ offseason program, Murray became Jason Witten’s workout partner.
Dallas Morning News – Cowboys News Feed
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 23:13:28 +0000: Cowboys DE Anthony Spencer goes through first full week of practice since microfracture surgery - Dallas Cowboys Blog
Anthony Spencer has reached another milestone in his return from microfracture surgery. For the first time in more than a year, the defensive end has gone through an entire week of practice leading up to a game. Spencer was inactive … Continue reading →
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 19:19:25 +0000: Could Cowboys RT Doug Free return against Arizona? - Dallas Cowboys Blog
Doug Free will miss his second consecutive game with a small fracture in his right foot. The question is will the right tackle be back for the Nov. 2 game against Arizona? A three-to-four week timetable was initially placed on … Continue reading →
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 18:48:49 +0000: Dallas Cowboys LB Bruce Carter listed as probable, available to play for first time since Sept. 28 - Dallas Cowboys Blog
IRVING — Bruce Carter will be available to play Monday against Washington. The Cowboys linebacker, who missed the last three games because of a strained right quadriceps he suffered Sept. 28 against New Orleans, is listed as probable on the … Continue reading →
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 18:41:12 +0000: Jason Garrett: Jason Witten is one of the hardest workers, best leaders I’ve ever been around - Dallas Cowboys Blog
IRVING – Jason Witten understood DeMarco Murray was going to be a big part of the Dallas Cowboys’ offense this season, so the nine-time Pro Bowler asked the 26-year-old running back to join him for offseason workouts. Witten, 32, says … Continue reading →
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 18:08:49 +0000: Safety Barry Church: Dallas Cowboys swarming the football has reduced defense’s need to make ‘unbelievable plays’ - Dallas Cowboys Blog
IRVING — One difference this season from a defense that finished last in the league in 2013 is how many Cowboys players you’re seeing around the football. Cowboys safety Barry Church, a co-captain of the defense, said everyone is swarming … Continue reading →
Fort Worth Star Telegram – Cowboys News Feed
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 21:30:18 +0000: Can the Cowboys be good enough on defense sans Ware, Hatcher and Lee to make playoff run? They say YES - Cowboys Corner
Now that the minicamp is over and training is a month away, the big elephant in the room regarding the Dallas Cowboys' hopes for 2014 remain the same as in 2013. What can they do to improve a defense that...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 21:12:41 +0000: Cowboys finish off-season with minds already on training camp - Cowboys Corner
The Cowboys celebrated the end of their off-season program with a short practice and a family day at AT&T Stadium. School’s out for summer! The Cowboys go on vacation the next 4 ½ weeks, arriving to Oxnard, Calif., on July...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 20:54:26 +0000: Cowboys retirement standoff with QB Kyle Orton moving to training camp - Cowboys Corner
Now that mini camp is over, the retirement standoff between the Dallas Cowboys and backup quarterback Kyle Orton has now been moved to training camp in Oxnard, Ca. Orton has been fined roughly $70,000 for missing minicamp. And he will...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:05:00 +0000: Cole Beasley says he can play on the outside -- just give him a chance (which Cowboys are) - Cowboys Corner
Cole Beasley knows he is at his best in the slot, but the smallest receiver on the Cowboys’ roster says he can play on the outside if he’s given a chance to learn the position. “I played outside maybe 10...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 01:16:38 +0000: Cowboys seeing something in Claiborne this spring -- confident, competing player - Cowboys Corner
The Cowboys have seen something different about Morris Claiborne this spring – he is confident and competing. “Competing his butt off,” defensive backs coach Jerome Henderson said with a smile, a satisfied sigh and a small shake of his head....
NFL.com – Breaking NFL News
- Sun, 26 Oct 2014 00:45:00 +0000: Eric Decker: New York Jets are still in AFC East race - NFL.com
The New York Jets have had a rough start to this season, notching a 1-6 record. But wide receiver Eric Decker thinks they can make a postseason push: "I really feel like this is a good football team."
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 20:33:00 +0000: Dolphins activate Dion Jordan in time for Jaguars tilt - NFL.com
The Miami Dolphins announced Saturday that pass rusher Dion Jordan has been activated in time for Sunday's in-state showdown with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 19:21:00 +0000: Lions suspend C.J. Mosley, send him home from London - NFL.com
After making the trip to Wembley Stadium and London, the Detroit Lions have sent defensive tackle C.J. Mosley back home and suspended him for two games for conduct detrimental to the team.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 19:00:00 +0000: Robert Griffin III questionable for Cowboys 'MNF' tilt - NFL.com
Robert Griffin III (ankle) is listed as questionable when the Washington Redskins take on the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night. The quarterback dislocated his ankle during Week 2's game vs. the Jaguars.
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 17:58:00 +0000: Titans' Shonn Greene arrested on resisting stop charge - NFL.com
Tennessee Titans running back Shonn Greene was arrested Friday night on a variety of charges, including resisting a police stop, a handicap parking violation, driving on a revoked/suspended license and reckless driving.
Fox Sports – NFL News
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:52:20 +0000: Former Jet Moore opts to retire - FOXSports.com News for NFL
After sleeping on it, Brandon Moore has decided to retire rather than join the Dallas Cowboys.
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 04:50:20 +0000: Mike Johnson suffers broken leg - FOXSports.com News for NFL
Mike Johnson, who was leading the Falcons' competition to win the starting job at right tackle, suffered a dislocated left ankle and fibula fracture on Tuesday and was carted off the practice field and driven away in an ambulance.
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 02:00:49 +0000: Alexander tears ACL, out for year - FOXSports.com News for NFL
The San Diego Chargers announced Tuesday that wide receiver Danario Alexander will miss the entire season with a torn ACL.
- Tue, 06 Aug 2013 23:47:32 +0000: Eagles' Benn tears ACL, out for year - FOXSports.com News for NFL
The Philadelphia Eagles' wide receiver corps took another hit Tuesday, when the team announced Arrelious Benn will miss the season with a torn ACL.
- Tue, 06 Aug 2013 23:18:20 +0000: Jared Allen exits with ankle injury - FOXSports.com News for NFL
Vikings defensive end Jared Allen left practice more than halfway through Tuesday afternoon with a left ankle injury that will be evaluated further, according to Vikings coach Leslie Frazier.
Pro Football Talk – NFL News
- Sun, 26 Oct 2014 01:32:44 +0000: Jaguars promote CB Peyton Thompson to roster - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
With two of their five cornerbacks ailing, the Jaguars brought in some help at the position, calling up first-year cornerback Peyton Thompson from the practice squad Saturday, the team said on its website. The 24-year-old Thompson joined the Jaguars’ practice squad before the start of the regular season. The San Jose State product had previously…
- Sun, 26 Oct 2014 00:30:38 +0000: Robert Griffin III questionable, Bruce Carter probable for Monday night - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
For a third straight day, Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III put in a limited practice Saturday, and he’s officially listed as questionable for Monday night’s game at Dallas, according to the injury report. Washington coach Jay Gruden has said the decision on whether Griffin will play will come on Monday. Gruden has also suggested, though,…
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 23:35:45 +0000: Seahawks call up WR Phil Bates from practice squad - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
With one of their wide receivers ruled out for Sunday’s game at Carolina, the Seahawks called up another from the practice squad on Saturday. Seattle has promoted third-year wideout Phil Bates to the roster, the club said. The 25-year-old Bates was inactive for the Seahawks’ season-opening win vs. the Packers. The club waived him the…
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 22:30:08 +0000: Saints sign RB Edwin Baker, release TE Tom Crabtree - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
The Saints have added a third tailback for Sunday night’s game vs. Green Bay. The club promoted running back Edwin Baker from the practice squad on Saturday. To make room for Baker, the Saints released tight end Tom Crabtree. Both moves were announced on the NFL’s transaction wire. The 23-year-old Baker signed with the Saints’…
- Sat, 25 Oct 2014 21:50:50 +0000: 49ers place Chris Cook, Daniel Kilgore on injured reserve - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
49ers center Daniel Kilgore’s season is officially over. The club announced Saturday it had placed Kilgore on injured reserve with a broken leg suffered in Sunday’s loss at Denver. The 26-year-old Kilgore had started the first seven games in the middle for San Francisco. With Kilgore out, rookie Marcus Martin is next in line on…
CNNSI – NFL News
- Tue, 24 Jun 2014 01:27:16 +0000: Sherman 'bombarded' after address published - SI.com - NFL
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:17:34 +0000: Pats' Gronkowski (knee) on track for opener - SI.com - NFL
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 17:01:36 +0000: Cover-Two: Steven Jackson among players with something to prove in NFC South - SI.com - NFL
Steven Jackson is just one of the NFC South players with something to prove.
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 05:12:26 +0000: Marc Trestman: Guest MMQB - SI.com - NFL
Ex-CFL coach Marc Trestman kicks off Canada Week, our examination of North America's other league.
- Sun, 22 Jun 2014 02:53:12 +0000: Jets owner Johnson wants more playoff games - SI.com - NFL