ESPN Dallas – Cowboys News Feed
- Wed, 04 Mar 2015 18:15:53 +0000: Cole Beasley's contract numbers are in - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas – The Dallas Cowboys officially announced the Cole Beasley signing Wednesday after he agreed to the four-year deal on Tuesday. The total numbers we have known: four years, $13.6 million with $7 million effectively guaranteed and a $4 million signing bonus. The other numbers are in, too. Beasley will make $1 million in base salary this season, which means he will carry a $2 million salary-cap figure in 2015. The Cowboys had the option of putting the low tender on him as a restricted free agent worth roughly $1.
- Wed, 04 Mar 2015 16:30:01 +0000: Cowboys once again make trek to Duke - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas – At the NFL scouting combine, Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said he would take some offseason trips like he has done in the past, but he just didn’t want to be specific about where and when. Garrett was a guest speaker at spring training for the New York Yankees and this week he is once again at Duke but instead of just bringing Tony Romo with him, tight end Jason Witten and DeMarco Murray made the trip to Durham, North Carolina, as well.
- Wed, 04 Mar 2015 16:00:13 +0000: Eagles' trade a good thing for Cowboys, right? - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
IRVING, Texas – Thankfully my kids weren’t near me when I saw Adam Schefter’s tweet that the Philadelphia Eagles will trade LeSean McCoy to the Buffalo Bills for linebacker Kiko Alonso. It was a much more adult version of "Whooaaaa." The immediate reaction was: What is Chip Kelly thinking? The second reaction was: The Dallas Cowboys don’t have to see McCoy twice a year anymore. The third reaction was: But they will see him up in Buffalo this season.
- Wed, 04 Mar 2015 14:30:17 +0000: Cowboys free-agent needs: Defensive tackle - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
With free agency starting March 10, it is time to break down the Dallas Cowboys' needs and wants. Teams can start talking with players on Saturday. Defensive tackle What they have: Terrell McClain ($1 million base salary), Tyrone Crawford ($675,000), Josh Brent ($745,000), Amobi Okoye ($745,000), Chris Whaley ($510,000), Ken Bishop ($510,000), Davon Coleman ($510,000). The position: The Cowboys have two free agents in Henry Melton, who had five sacks last season, and Nick Hayden, who led the defensive line in tackles last season, ready to hit the free-agent market.
- Wed, 04 Mar 2015 14:00:09 +0000: Dez Bryant gets franchise tag. Now what? - ESPN.com - Dallas Cowboys
ESPN Cowboys reporter Todd Archer discusses Dez Bryant’s future.
Dallas Morning News – Cowboys News Feed
- Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:31:41 +0000: Cowboys sign veteran LB Keith Rivers to 1-year deal - Dallas Cowboys Blog
Buffalo’s Keith Rivers (left). (Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images) There’s a lot of uncertainty surrounding the linebacker position … [visit site to read more]
- Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:10:46 +0000: Bob Sturm: What Cowboys’ defense must find this offseason - Dallas Cowboys Blog
Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli (AP Photo) Special Contributor Bob Sturm … [visit site to read more]
- Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:04:05 +0000: Bob Sturm: Draft-pick compensation situation for Cowboys after losing free agents Ware and Hatcher - Dallas Cowboys Blog
Special Contributor Bob Sturm answered questions in a chat Wednesday. Here are some highlights. Question: Bob – the Cowboys are on the … [visit site to read more]
- Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:03:26 +0000: Duke senior Quinn Cook says Tony Romo beat him 1-on-1, more of the best tweets from Cowboys visiting Blue Devils - Dallas Cowboys Blog
@dukeblueplanet on Twitter Wednesday was a busy day for some of the most important members of the Dallas Cowboys. Coach Jason Garrett, quarterback Tony Romo, … [visit site to read more]
- Wed, 04 Mar 2015 23:50:45 +0000: Bob Sturm: Why Jason Garrett became more effective in ‘roll-the-dice’ moments in 2014 - Dallas Cowboys Blog
Special Contributor Bob Sturm answered questions in a chat Wednesday. Here are some highlights. Question: It is still early but I like how the Cowboys have … [visit site to read more]
Fort Worth Star Telegram – Cowboys News Feed
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 21:30:18 +0000: Can the Cowboys be good enough on defense sans Ware, Hatcher and Lee to make playoff run? They say YES - Cowboys Corner
Now that the minicamp is over and training is a month away, the big elephant in the room regarding the Dallas Cowboys' hopes for 2014 remain the same as in 2013. What can they do to improve a defense that...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 21:12:41 +0000: Cowboys finish off-season with minds already on training camp - Cowboys Corner
The Cowboys celebrated the end of their off-season program with a short practice and a family day at AT&T Stadium. School’s out for summer! The Cowboys go on vacation the next 4 ½ weeks, arriving to Oxnard, Calif., on July...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 20:54:26 +0000: Cowboys retirement standoff with QB Kyle Orton moving to training camp - Cowboys Corner
Now that mini camp is over, the retirement standoff between the Dallas Cowboys and backup quarterback Kyle Orton has now been moved to training camp in Oxnard, Ca. Orton has been fined roughly $70,000 for missing minicamp. And he will...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:05:00 +0000: Cole Beasley says he can play on the outside -- just give him a chance (which Cowboys are) - Cowboys Corner
Cole Beasley knows he is at his best in the slot, but the smallest receiver on the Cowboys’ roster says he can play on the outside if he’s given a chance to learn the position. “I played outside maybe 10...
- Thu, 19 Jun 2014 01:16:38 +0000: Cowboys seeing something in Claiborne this spring -- confident, competing player - Cowboys Corner
The Cowboys have seen something different about Morris Claiborne this spring – he is confident and competing. “Competing his butt off,” defensive backs coach Jerome Henderson said with a smile, a satisfied sigh and a small shake of his head....
NFL.com – Breaking NFL News
- Thu, 05 Mar 2015 01:05:00 +0000: Manning can get lost $4M back with Super Bowl win - NFL.com
Peyton Manning agreed to a $4 million pay cut to set up his return to the Broncos in 2015. Find out how the quarterback can get the money back.
- Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:14:00 +0000: Kirk Cousins to stay with Redskins, compete with RGIII - NFL.com
The Redskins plan to keep Kirk Cousins rather than trade him this offseason, reports NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport. Will Cousins compete with RGIII for the starting job?
- Wed, 04 Mar 2015 22:37:00 +0000: Greg Hardy meets with NFL officials in New York - NFL.com
Greg Hardy met with league officials Wednesday to make his case to come off the Commissioner's Exempt List and immediately be reinstated, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported.
- Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:39:00 +0000: Saints release running back Pierre Thomas - NFL.com
Pierre Thomas and the New Orleans Saints have parted ways. Ian Rapoport reported that the running back was released by the team on Wednesday.
- Wed, 04 Mar 2015 21:18:00 +0000: Peyton Manning to take $4M pay cut in 2015 - NFL.com
Peyton Manning’s wallet will weigh a little less in 2015. The Denver Broncos quarterback will take a $4 million pay cut, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday.
Fox Sports – NFL News
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:52:20 +0000: Former Jet Moore opts to retire - FOXSports.com News for NFL
After sleeping on it, Brandon Moore has decided to retire rather than join the Dallas Cowboys.
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 04:50:20 +0000: Mike Johnson suffers broken leg - FOXSports.com News for NFL
Mike Johnson, who was leading the Falcons' competition to win the starting job at right tackle, suffered a dislocated left ankle and fibula fracture on Tuesday and was carted off the practice field and driven away in an ambulance.
- Wed, 07 Aug 2013 02:00:49 +0000: Alexander tears ACL, out for year - FOXSports.com News for NFL
The San Diego Chargers announced Tuesday that wide receiver Danario Alexander will miss the entire season with a torn ACL.
- Tue, 06 Aug 2013 23:47:32 +0000: Eagles' Benn tears ACL, out for year - FOXSports.com News for NFL
The Philadelphia Eagles' wide receiver corps took another hit Tuesday, when the team announced Arrelious Benn will miss the season with a torn ACL.
- Tue, 06 Aug 2013 23:18:20 +0000: Jared Allen exits with ankle injury - FOXSports.com News for NFL
Vikings defensive end Jared Allen left practice more than halfway through Tuesday afternoon with a left ankle injury that will be evaluated further, according to Vikings coach Leslie Frazier.
Pro Football Talk – NFL News
- Thu, 05 Mar 2015 03:37:38 +0000: Eagles can trade picks into 2018 draft, once the 2015 draft opens - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
With Eagles coach Chip Kelly further putting his imprint upon the Eagles while also subtly twisting the team’s beak into a duckbill, the notion that he’ll try to trade up from No. 20 in the draft to secure the player he see as the surest of sure things becomes stronger. But there’s an important thing…
- Thu, 05 Mar 2015 01:01:08 +0000: Adrian Peterson suggests concerns linger after Wednesday meeting - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
In the wake of his four-hour meeting with Vikings coach Mike Zimmer and G.M. Rick Spielman, running back Adrian Peterson has issued a statement that suggests his concerns were not resolved during the get-together. “I appreciate Rick [Spielman] and Coach [Mike] Zimmer coming down to see me today,” Peterson said in a statement issued to…
- Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:48:01 +0000: Robert Griffith joins NFLPA executive director fray - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
With one day remaining for securing the three player representative nominations necessary for placement on the ballot for the NFLPA executive director position, another candidate has emerged. Tom Pelissero of USA Today reports that former NFL safety Robert Griffith has obtained the requisite nominations from player representatives holding votes in the upcoming election. Griffith played for…
- Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:35:46 +0000: Peyton’s incentives are tied to winning AFC title, Super Bowl - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is betting on himself while in return giving the Broncos cap relief. Chris Mortensen and Jeff Legwold of ESPN reports that the $4 million in incentives that Manning can earn in lieu of $4 million in salary are tied to getting to the Super Bowl and winning it. Specifically, Manning gets…
- Thu, 05 Mar 2015 00:23:18 +0000: Adrian Peterson says meeting with Vikings went well - ProFootballTalk » Rumor Mill
On Wednesday, Vikings G.M. Rick Spielman and coach Mike Zimmer traveled to Houston to meet with running back Adrian Peterson. After the four-hour sit-down between the three men, Peterson said the session went well, according to ESPN.com. How well or why it went well isn’t known; Peterson opted not to share any of the details.…
CNNSI – NFL News
- Tue, 24 Jun 2014 01:27:16 +0000: Sherman 'bombarded' after address published - SI.com - NFL
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 18:17:34 +0000: Pats' Gronkowski (knee) on track for opener - SI.com - NFL
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 17:01:36 +0000: Cover-Two: Steven Jackson among players with something to prove in NFC South - SI.com - NFL
Steven Jackson is just one of the NFC South players with something to prove.
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014 05:12:26 +0000: Marc Trestman: Guest MMQB - SI.com - NFL
Ex-CFL coach Marc Trestman kicks off Canada Week, our examination of North America's other league.
- Sun, 22 Jun 2014 02:53:12 +0000: Jets owner Johnson wants more playoff games - SI.com - NFL